Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chick-fil-A (Oh Why Not?)

I can hardly believe it has gotten this far. When will it end? It will end, of course, no matter how passionate some are about it right now. After all, when was the last time you or I did anything for Katrina or Tohoku survivors?

Yeah, this too shall pass.

In the meantime, though, I thought I'd weigh in. I wasn't going to at first, but eh, what the heck? No one really cares what I think anyway, so why not. What's one more?

I think that Christians who are gay-bashing, declaring CFA's "record profits" from 8/1 a blessing from God, and just all around contributing to this debacle need to dig deeper into their Bibles, maybe starting with Jesus' interactions with the Pharisees.

I think that folks within, and supporters of, the LGBT community who are attacking said Christians, planning "kiss-in" type events, and the like are hurting their cause way more than they are helping it.

I think that if we don't all take a step back and get over our grand delusion that we not only have a right to have opinions but a duty to air and even impose them, we will ultimately destroy ourselves.

I think that, sadly, no Mr. King, we can't all just get along.

And finally, I think I may just attend one of these "kiss-in's" -- since they're obviously going to happen regardless of what I think -- and, as a Christian, love my gay neighbor. Who knows, I've seen some pretty amazing things happen when I actually choose to do WJWD.

No comments:

Post a Comment