Monday, January 18, 2021

Come And See *Him*

If you do not consider yourself a Christian, how do you view Christians these days? Do you see Christians as

 - hateful?

 - loving?

 - bigots?

- compassionate?

 - hypocrites?

 - humble?


It is natural to judge someone by their deeds, and it is equally natural to judge an entity by its self-proclaimed representatives. Did you know, however, that even Jesus taught that many who claim to be His followers actually are not (Matthew 7:21-24)?


Now, I am obviously not perfect! I fall short ("sin") all the time; I can still let my emotions get the better of me; I can lose sight of what truly matters; and, so much more. Fortunately, Jesus came for people just like me (Matthew 9:10-13). But one thing I do, I keep striving to live more and more as He would, learning from my mistakes, getting back up, and pressing on (Philippians 3:13) even when it's really, really hard.


And why? Because He is literally awesome! He truly is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6)!


Our world is hurting now more than ever. I obviously don't have all the answers, but I do know where to find them. If you would like to see Him for who he truly is and all the hope and love He offers, come and see. We can explore together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment